Pages

Saturday, July 20, 2013

Creative Computing Online Workshop

I just finished taking a online course from Google called the Creative Computing Online Workshop. It was mostly about using Scratch as a platform to teaching programming and computing concepts to students. It was about 6 weeks long, probably the best educational experience I have ever had. It was well paced, interesting, collaborative, and fun. The only aspect of it that I could find fault with was the starting date. It coincided with the end of school and another Google course, the Mapping with Google Course. It made it hard to squeeze all of the course in during the scheduled weeks. As a result it was slightly harder to keep up with the collaborative lessons that everyone else was taking part in. I still managed to get it all in though, and as a testament to the course it was designed well enough that I really didn't feel like I missed out on very much. The course had a number of interesting topics, with a variety of different ways of learning. I really liked the debugging ones, that gave you a series of projects that had something wrong, or something that needed to be added to make them work properly.

Anyways, here is my final project. It is almost done, I am still trying to get the platforming aspect working just the way I wanted it too.


No comments:

Post a Comment