Pages

Thursday, August 8, 2013

What if teachers planned inservice?

I saw this on Facebook, via Marvelous Teacher Musings.

If teachers planned inservice...

I thought it was pretty good. I am sure most teachers have been to the inservices like this. I usually do exactly as is described, pay attention unless I have to mumble something affirmative once in a while. If I can I try to do something else useful with my time, which is really just about anything else. I almost feel a little bad for the presenters in those cases. They often come bearing a message that you can tell they themselves aren't exactly enthusiastic about either. That doesn't mean I can condone just reading from the presentation slides...

I have taught several inservices as well, and I would hope that I did not do anything like this. They were mostly based on technology, websites and Ipads, and the most speaking I did was 2-5 minutes at a time. The rest of the time was spent using and doing, which are far more valuable uses of participants time.

No comments:

Post a Comment